Samita Thephasit Co-Founded Sungarden Investment Publishing (SIP) with Rob Isbitts, following a 3-year tenure as the lead Financial Advisor at Rob's former investment advisory business, Dynamic Wealth Advisors dba Sungarden Investment Management (SIM). At SIP, Samita leads the creation and development of all educational content, and plays a key role in the ongoing marketing and communication of the firm's investment models and research.
Samita moved to the United States from Thailand when she was 16 years old, speaking very little English. Like many teenagers in her situation, Samita had a rough time adjusting to the new country where food is not as spicy as she was used to. But with the help of wonderful teachers and support from her family, she received a scholarship from Broward College upon high school graduation.
Samita decided to study finance after realizing her mother was not financially-prepared for many situations in her life, and wanted her family to break that cycle. She went on to receive another scholarship from Florida International University’s Honors College, where she graduated with High Honors in Finance in 2017.
Samita worked for AIG Retirement Services for 2 years, where she helped Broward County Public School employees understand their retirement programs and pursue their financial goals. In just her second year there, she ranked in the top 10 nationally at her position, at the "ripe old age" of 23. Still, she was determined to trade in her sales role for something more innovative and entrepreneurial. She found that at Sungarden, and the rest is history.
Samita enjoys cooking and expanding her culinary horizon by trying new dishes and learning new recipes. She spends her free time with her loyal companion, Gypsy, a 7-year old German Shepherd. And, although Samita speaks English fluently now, she still speaks Thai to her parents daily!
• Born in Thailand
• Moved to U.S. at age 16
• Learned English, earned college scholarship, graduated with Honors
• Passion for investment education, and combining technology and human insight to deliver it
• Former top performer for a major retirement services company
• Traded in sales career path to help investors and financial advisors
• Rob’s top lieutenant, top professional mentee, and now Co-Founder of Sungarden Investment Publishing (SIP)
• Active member of Broward International Women’s Club
• Best friend of Gypsy, a 7-year-old German Shepherd
• Still prefers spicy food her native country is famous for